Monday, April 2, 2012

Get Past the Past

We all have things in our past but we can’t let our past stop our future.  If you want to go forward, then keep looking forward.  If you want to stay in the past, keep looking at the past.  It may seem too simple but you will go where you keep your eyes focused the most.  There have been plenty of times in my life when I have let my past limit me.  The shame of the past has tied up my dreams and held them hostage.  I then fell into the “you’re not good enough” syndrome.  But like T.D Jakes once said “It doesn’t matter how you started but how you finish.”  The truth be told, everyone has a past!! No one walking this earth lives without a past or they wouldn’t have a right now.  With that being said, let the past go and aim for the future because you are not alone. 

What do you want to achieve?  Who do you want to be?  God did not put you here to get stuck because of your past.  He allowed your past to be learning tools for your future.  Any storm you have faced or will face, I guarantee God can use.  And yes, there will be more storms in your life!!  But go into every storm knowing there is somewhere God wants you to be or some lesson God wants you to learn, and He is using the storm to speed up the process.  Life is full of lessons, the question is “Are we learning the lessons?”  If you have something in your past that you are ashamed of, first admit to yourself that you did it.  Second, go to a mirror and look yourself directly in the eyeball and say “I’m sorry.”  Now, tell yourself “It’s time to move on and YOU WILL achieve everything that your heart places in your path.”  Goals are meant to be accomplished, not things that wind up on an “I wish I would have” list.  Get out of your own way and push forward leaving your past in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment